Saturday, November 26, 2005

Au revoir

So much on a fateful night. Yes it's almost 3:30am in the morning and my flight leaves in about 10 hours.

Going into the city driving from Kew highlighted the great life here in Melbourne. The atmosphere on a Friday night in the CBD is best described as festive and I thought about what it'd be like when I got to a true massive metropolis like Los Angeles or New York. It'd definitely not be something I had seen in my lifetime before.

Going home was pretty much the same. I dropped Quoc, Derek and Euge off at Flinders and Exhibition Sts but had to detour down past the Arts centre where lovely green lights illuminated the trees that formed a sort of guard of honour as you drove down. I cut back through the Royal Botanic Gardens and realised that although up till now I had been wanting so badly to get out of Melbourne and see more of the world, my emotions made a sharp U-turn tonight. How ironic, the night before I'm to go off, I want to stay! I realised how much I really love Melbourne and the people that make my life here. It was touching that so many people emailed msged me before I left, and some forcing me to come out to have one last drink - or kebab! Haha...but that all made me want to stay in Melbourne more.

Thanks to all you guys who not only made a great last night, and even last week, but through the whole year 2005 in Melbourne. I hope that you guys finish 2005 on a high and next time I speak to you will be about 12,791kms away! Au revoir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home