Sunday, November 20, 2005

Soccer and Vintage Smells

Ugh, maybe there was a bit too much doom and gloom for my liking when I last posted. Nevertheless, I noticed that no one except Julz posted on the Aussie win over Uruguay! For shame! But yeah it was great to see the Socceroos through, pretty funny about people giving John Safran all the credit though, seeing as he lifted some Mozambiquan curse.

I think the story goes something like, Johnny Warren and the 1974 Socceroos team went to Mozambique and promised to pay some tribesman for something. Anyway, they didn't end up paying and so the Mozambique witch doctor put a curse on Australian soccer. Needless to say, we didn't win one match (two losses and a draw) and scored no goals in the 1974 World Cup. And basically, have never made it to the World Cup. Until now.

What happened last year was John Safran decided to lift this curse, by bathing in pigs blood among other rites for his guerilla-style documentary. It was interesting then, to see that the Socceroos finally broke their jinx to make it into the 2006 World Cup in Germany! Haha...yeah, go figure.

Anyway, it's like 4:30pm and I have my last exam tomorrow, Principles of Marketing at 2pm. Both dreading and looking forward to it, since I've basically spent 1.5 days learning a whole subject from scratch. I reckon going to lectures are at least useful enough when it comes to exam time, you'll recognise some terms here and there, unlike me with marketing!!! But afterwards I'll be so happy and liberated! Then off to see how scary "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" is at Chaddy. I know Tues is karaoke and Wed is drinks, but I'm not sure when I'm working. Most likely Wednesday 9am-5pm which will probably be my last shift. Therefore no going hard on Tuesday!

Really excited about Friday night as well, YG annual dinner! 70s and 80s theme, can't go wrong haha. Have to say, went op-shopping for the first time on Friday with none other than Dave and it's interesting what you find there. I would also describe the op-shop smell as "bittersweet." Yes, I'm under no illusions here, it is a bit dank - like an old person (naturally) but I think it's good when you're looking for vintage clothing because it means you've come to the right place. Ahh...the sweet smell of old B.O.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home