Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Get After It

In the middle of a 5min break whilst I study during my last Swot/Stu Vac of College. It's been interesting reading about Hermeneutics and the presuppositions we all take for granted. Good old Goldsworthy.

Today began quite well, woke up 6:15am and 'got after it' - got up ready to go and started studying early. The discipline and ambition this morning has largely quelled my sense of nostalgia that's been lingering over me the past week. 

A lot of the nostalgia was triggered by the last week of College, and little things that I'll miss, even if I took them for granted during my four years at Moore. The carpools in the morning, the early morning mochas from the College coffee machine, even the standing desks in the new library. 

What helped me deal with this sentimentality was a meeting with my 'ordination chaplain' this week. He came up from Melbourne for a meeting, and speaking to him really helped me focus on what I did at Moore that is driving me into the future. During that conversation I became excited again by the needs of the gospel in Melbourne and the potential to work in full-time Word ministry. What a privilege! 

Anyway break time is over, need to 'get after it'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home