Thursday, August 06, 2009

Discoveries

Goodness, I'm all John Calvin'd up from yesterday. Attended a free series of lectures on Calvin, 4 x 1 hour lectures, and a "public rally" which lasted about 1.5hrs in the evening. After that, I realised how much there really is to know in the world and that a million geniuses would still not know everything there is to know. Humbling.

I'm also getting back into golf. Been to the driving range a few times in the last week, thinking about taking it to the next level and getting lessons to get into some good habits. But I think I can hit well enough to get the ball into the right direction.

In other news, I just signed up to Ticketmaster's realvalue card. It's pretty good, you get 5% discounts on Coles and Safeway giftcards (brilliant, as they're necessities), as well as Safeway/Caltex fuelcards, and JB HiFi too! Which means on top of any discount dockets I get for petrol, I get a further 5% off which can't be bad.

I also found out that Australian Open tickets go on sale early October so I'm hanging out till then to see if I can score me some Men's Final tickets. They're about $290 per person, and I can only get a maximum of 4 at a time, which I'm hoping to do. I'm sure I'll get at least 3 friends who are willing to pay that much to see a Final of a Grand Slam, and maybe even willing to go with me! My aim is to try and see a Men's Final in each of the four Grand Slams in my life, I'm guessing I should at least start with the one that's in my very own home town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home