Monday, June 20, 2005

The Zoo

Orright had a good hard think about the silly "Interesting" series of posts and came to the conclusion that they are, well...silly!

Why outline "interesting" happenings throughout the week in one post? That's what we're meant to do normally! Argh, sometimes I get frustrated at how dumb I can be! Needless to say, "The Interesting Series" is now dead.

Meanwhile I went to the zoo yesterday to 'scope it out' in preparation for Vacation Bible School (VBS - remember this well b/c I'll be using this in the future) beginning July 4th. Drew, Peter Lin and I worked out a route for the kids we'll be taking and I must say we were disappointed at how many enclosures were cordoned off because "the animals are feeding" or "closed for renovations" or "new Bonobos (haha okay there were no bonobos but I do this for Sanji and Ann) coming soon - mother giving birth." It was a travesty! So much so that I came up with my own little business plan to open up a zoo with no animals and charge people a discounted rate of like $2 entry. There wouldn't be much of a difference really, save for the odd "Animals hibernating" sign being up all year round. Hehe dodgy asian!

But overall it was still okay, I got to see the lions and elephants and gorillas. I guess cynicism increases with age, you want bang for your buck so to speak. I'm sure the kids won't care, kids are kids. That's the difference between them and us I guess - they're genuinely happy. Oh well...

1 Comments:

Blogger San G said...

http://www.blockbonobofoundation.org/

For those in the unknown about bonobos. Also, some people might not want to be eating when they view that page.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 1:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home