Wednesday, May 18, 2005

My Left Knee

Oh gosh it's so late, so lates...

So anyway I finally managed to get to the physio today to get my bloody left knee checked out (refer to March 28th post - poem explaining the story of the left knee) at 10:30am. The physio is fully just down the road for me so I like it very much. Last time I went for my ankle (the right one for those keeping score out there) I saw some physio there, but this time I finally got the one and only Barry.

Barry is a four-time premiership AFL player who played and coached the likes of Kevin Sheedy and Kevin Bartlett and has heaps and heaps of pictures of him with famous sports ppl on his walls. He even has a medal from Queen Elizabeth II! While he was massaging my knee, had a good chat to him about his story. I was inspired by his humble beginnings on a farm in Wodonga to juggling footy and studying physio at uni. He won even more respect when he said "Physio first, footy second..." in relation to his occupation back in his hey-day. He always wanted to do physio so good on him on not getting too carried away with being a superstar footy player. After he retired from playing he coached Richmond for about 10 years and through this he raised his kids and opened up his physio practice. He's a top bloke who's modest about his achievements and even though he has been through a fair bit in his life he sums it up with, "It was good fun." Has a sense of humour also - whilst I was on the physio machine he passed me an Inside Sport's issue with one Holly Brisley on the front cover and said "Here, have a perv."

Anyway, my knee at the moment feels okay. Barry diagnosed it as such: "You probably pinged a few tendons around your knee." Sounds a bit bad, but eventually it'll heal. Going in on Thursday morning again to get another round of the physio-machine. Maybe this time he'll gimme the mag with Heidi Klum as the centrefold. Top bloke that Barry...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home